Final thoughts

18th September 


I’m heading home now but the girls are meeting Jocelyn in Madrid for a few days. It’s been a great little camino and I’ve really enjoyed it. I didn’t think Beth and Amy would make it after the second day, especially with Amy being so unwell over the past few months. They both proved me wrong so good for them, i’m very proud of them even if my tattooed leg does feel like it’s been stung by a nest of wasps. 


I’ve really enjoyed having the opportunity of spending some time with Steph. We definitely don’t spend enough time together. She makes a good walking companion and sets a good pace, (amazing as she’s not very tall). She, like me, is happy to walk along and enjoy the quiet. I hope we can have more adventures together in the future. 


So that’s it for this camino. I’m a very lucky man to have been able to have walked the camino de Santiago with all six of my children. I don’t suppose many people could make such a claim. And the girls want to go again next year so perhaps it’s not over yet!

Comments

  1. Well done to ‘Team Bags’ a wonderful achievement on everyone’s part! Safe journey home. R&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure I put Baggs - spell check must have changed it …. apologies!! R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we there yet?

Snoring